Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Sister Benedron clay sculpt

So I've been kinda working on a costume for hopefully this up-and-comming Blizzcon, it's Sister Benedron.  I know the name doesn't really ring a bell but she is in Avatar regalia, and she looks like this:


  I have already started the mold process from a clay sculpt that I did out of oil based clay for the middle chest plate:

 Then I started to think that I wanted to do gold embroidery at the bottom.  It's more time correct and I think it adds some class to the costume.  Unfortunately since machine embroidery is very expensive I have to do it all by hand...Here's some pictures of the swirls on the very bottom trim.




I still have a long way to go but I would be working more on the sculpting if it weren't the fact that I just got done moving to a different state!  So in between getting everything settled in I haven't really had the time or space to sculpt more of the pieces...darn you responsibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment