Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Resurrection from the Dead

Well...I don't know what to say. I may have forgotten about this lovely blog. No excuses, so I'm sorry.

So now that is out of the way, UPDATE TIME! So Kerrigan was going really well. I had the whole body suit sculpted and ready for molding/casting, the hair was done and I had most of the materials I needed. Problem #1: when I molded one of the legs I found out that the material I chose for making the mold cured WAY too quickly. so $150 down the drain there.


But probably the biggest issue, I've actually lost 15 lbs and am still losing. So now, that foam copy I made of myself is too large and Kerrigan's design does not lend well to splicing together. To make it correctly I would have to make another foam copy of myself ~$200 and redo ALL of that magnificent sculpting. No thank you.






At the end of the day, looking at what would have to be done work wise and what I would still have to purchase to finish her (around $600 ish) it is no longer worth it. I will chalk this up to a wonderful learning experience but I am going to prefer simpler costumes in the future. Maybe more complicated cloth/thermoplastic work but I am going to try to stay away from casting unless it is only 1-2 parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment